Cher Car Kennels has been breeding dogs for lives of significance and service™ since 1977. We produce dogs that excel in multiple venues, many from multi-aspect titled parents. Our dogs show appropriate character for their breed and make very loving family members. All puppies come with full UKC registration. (The United Kennel Club is the largest all-breed performance-dog registry in the world, registering dogs from all 50 states and 25 foreign countries.)
Contract made between Cher Car Kennel LLChere referred to as breeder/seller, and the buyer identified by name and signature on actual purchase documents. All disputes are subject to resolution in the breeder/seller’s domicile of Clinton County, Michigan.
1) The breeder/seller guarantees our puppies (German Shepherd, Belgian Malinois, Dutch Shepherd or Parson Jack Russell Terrier) to be free of all congenital defects, especially those of hip and elbow dysplasia. In the case of missing testicles, the guarantee provides for refund of $250 toward the total amount needed for surgical correction (neutering). In the case of a defect that is cosmetic, non life altering and non life ending (such as ears that do not stand erect); a refund will be given in the amount of $500. We also guarantee our puppies to be free of infectious disease at the time of sale within that disease's incubation period. This guarantee does not include internal parasites such as Giardia or Coccidia since these common parasites can live dormant in the puppy’s GI tract until aroused by the stress of leaving the kennel; however puppies are dewormed twice prior to sale.
2) The buyer assumes all responsibility if they fail to keep this dog in a healthy, lean condition. The dysplasia guarantee is void in obese dogs or in dogsspayed/neutered BEFORE 14 months of age. If this puppy fails in this guarantee against dysplasia, a free replacement puppy will be given from the first available litter. If the buyer does not wish a puppy, one will be assigned as theirs and sold for the buyer. The proceeds will be given directly to the buyer and will always equal the purchase price paid for the original puppy. This contract applies to the original puppy buyer only and is not transferable to a second party or in force if the puppy no longer resides with the original buyer.
3) The puppy shall not be bred unless it shall first (a) have been x-rayed and certified clear of hip and elbow dysplasia by OFA or PennHip at 2 years of age, and (b) nor shall it be bred to another dog who does not meet these same conditions.
4) The Buyer shall maintain the puppy in good condition, including adherence to a regular immunization schedule, heartworm preventative, quality diet, and a clean and safe environment including adequate fencing and supervision. If proper nutritional requirements and/or a healthy safe lifestyle for said dog are not provided by the buyer for its lifetime, ownership reverts back to the breeder/seller who will reclaim the dog without recourse or refund to the buyer, and authoritative investigation with cruelty charges may be brought against the buyer.
5) The buyer also agrees that part of the maintenance of this puppy includes obedience training, and agrees to heavily socialize the puppy immediately and begin formal obedience training within 4 months of purchase. Obedience training is not an option, it is an obligation. It is not something to begin once behavior problems start; instead it is to be done to prevent problems from occurring.
6) If at any time the buyer can no longer retain possession of this dog, the breeder/seller is to be IMMEDIATELY notified and arrangements will be made for the breeder/seller to resume full ownership of the dog. We will ALWAYS take our dogs back regardless of condition or cause. The breeder/seller will then locate a new home for the dog. Buyer agrees to return the dog with all UKC papers and medical records. The buyer agrees that this contract prohibits the transfer of the dog to any third party and acknowledges understanding that under no circumstance is the dog to be sold, leased, traded or given away to another individual, pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter, dog pound or similar facility.